Well here we are at the end of another year!!! Holy cow they go by fast! Lots of fun and exciting things have taken place this year at BYU Print and Mail. We thought we would give our Top Ten events of what's taken place (though they might not all be "events").
So here we go:
1. This year we wanted to more involved with the students, so we accepted an invitation to have a table at New Student Orientation. WOW!!! It is exciting and a bit crazy trying to keep up with the hundreds and hundreds of students and parents, but it sure was fun!
2. We managed to revamp our website (www.printandmail.byu.edu) and made it easier to navigate and a bit more visually pleasing. We hope you like it and if you have any suggestions to make it better, please let us know.
3. The General Course Catalog, which was only available online, is now again available in print at http://printandmail.byu.edu/generalcatalog/. You can choose to print the whole catalog or select just the sections you want, either way it's printed and bound with a beautiful cover and sent on its way.
4. To help save the students some money we offered 3¢ Blackboard printing at all our Print & Copy Centers. We even encouraged the faculty to "Be a Hero to Your Students" and remind their classes to use us.
6. We braved it this year and had booths at Woman's Conference and Education Week. Thom and Paul handed out tons of information about Family History Printing, along with pounds of candy and chocolate. (Fat Free? No, Free Fat!!) We also were invited by Jim Kasen, one of the nicest people in the world, to participate in the Campus Showcase. It was great to meet so many fellow BYU employees and share a little of what we do.
7. We entered the world of Social Networking by starting this blog (obviously!) and having a Facebook page and a Twitter account. We want to spread the Print & Mail love as much as possible! Search BYU Print and Mail on Facebook (Twitter, too) and become a "Liker". You know, Face book has a bizzillion dollars, you'd think they could come up with a better term!
8. Customer Appreciation Breakfast is an event that the staff here looks forward to each year. It is our time to say Thank You for using Print and Mail. We know you have options, so we want to say thanks for Keeping it on Campus! And we do apologize for Doug's immodest apron!
9. Did you get your calendar that we sent to all BYU employees? We had a bunch of different pictures on the front and used Variable Data Printing to personalize the back for each recipient. And we printed them on our new HP Indigo Digital Press to show off the beautiful quality it produces. We also sent out real cool invitations for our open house. They flipped around when you pulled on them. Sweet!
10. Number Ten... Max Behling got his braces off!!! He really did, but Number Ten would be our Open House for our new Indigo Digital Press. We had hundreds and hundreds of employees show up. We were able to give out personalized recipe books and lots of samples printed on the Indigo showing its phenomenal quality. We also got to show everyone around the shop and we had a lot of really yummy refreshments!
So there you have a sampling of what's gone on this year at BYU Print and Mail. Stop in and see us sometime. We love visitors and would love to show you around.
Best Wishes for 2011!!!